The ICA was founded by a group of radical artists and writers in 1946 as a space for experimental and challenging arts practice.
We are uniquely positioned on The Mall in central London in a Regency period building designed by John Nash. Since moving to its present location in 1968, the ICA has become the home of the British avant-garde and continues to foreground interdisciplinary art practice.
The Institute of Contemporary Arts is a registered charity, number: 236848, and a company limited by guarantee, registration number: 00444351. ICA Enterprises Limited is a company limited by shares, number: 01461527.